SoFil Container Solar Water Filter
Location: GuaMusang, Malaysia (Population: 100,000)
GuaMusang frequently suffers from monsoons, flooding and contaminated water supply.
Current water filter system doesn’t meet their consumption needs.
- River water –Used for pre-washing dirty objects, which are later washed in cleaner ground water or rain water.
- Rain water –Homes collect rain water from the frequent monsoons.
- Ground water –Filtered and used for drinking/cooking. A very valuable resource, only supplied once every 48 hours. All homes must collect water.
Cashido supplied a solar powered system to turn river water into drinkable water giving residents a steady source of clean water.
The World Health Organization recommends drinking five liters of water per day. The average person consumes 2,000-5,000 liters of virtual water embedded in food. Even the food we eat needs water to grow.
|1 apple||100g of beef steak||100g of vegetables||1 slice of bread|
|70 liters||2,025 liters||20 liters||40 liters|
- Independent solar powered system with battery.
- Multiple filtration – sand, active carbon, water softening, PP filter, 0.1 micron filter.
- Self-cleaning filters with timer settings.
- Ozone sanitization.
- Water output faucets.
- Installs in a 20 foot shipping container, local assembly required.
- Capacity – minimum of 9,500L of water per day
- Self-sufficient off-grid source of water.
- Water available 24 hours a day.
- Easy to use and maintain.
- Produces enough water for 1,900 people or 475 families.
- Reduces over 19,000 plastic bottles daily, equal to 1,205 kg of CO2 emissions. That's like planting 67 trees or driving 4,818 km in a car!